Are you in between jobs or a senior looking for coverage until you reach Medicare age? If so, a short-term medical plan may be what you need to keep you protected.
Short-term medical is a health insurance plan that offers coverage for up to 364 days and can be renewed if the total duration doesn’t exceed 36 months. It is a flexible health insurance coverage solution when you need coverage for a period of transition in your life. Short-term health plans offer financial protection for medical services such as doctor office visits, emergency room visits, hospital stays, and more.
Is Short-Term Health Insurance for Me?
Short-term health insurance may be for you if you are:
- In between jobs
- Just starting a new job and waiting for coverage
- A college student or recent graduate with no health coverage
- A senior looking for coverage until Medicare eligibility
- Unable to qualify for or afford individual coverage or Cobra
- Waiting for Exchange Open Enrollment
What Do Short-Term Medical Plans Provide?
Short-term medical plans are designed to provide great short-term coverage with benefit options equivalent to long-term coverage. Plans can include:
- Office visit copay plans
- Prescription drug plans
- Lifetime maximum options
- Option to purchase different length cover plans
- Coverage until Medicare eligibility begins
- ID cards and Certificates of Insurance issued immediately online
Other Short-Term Medical plans help cover everyday medical expenses like doctor office visits and outpatient care and, optionally, prescription drug costs. Plans can include:
- Low deductibles
- Doctor visit copays
- Optional Prescription coverage
- Access to telemedicine 24/7
- Fixed indemnity payments for surgeries and hospitalization
- Discounts and lifestyle benefits
Contact an Independent Insurance Agent for your Short-Term Health Insurance
Contact me today to discuss your options for short-term health insurance.
I am licensed in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Alabama.